Lina Moros founded the Ballet Flamenco Arte de Espana in 1990 and opened her Académie Ballet Flamenco Lina Moros shortly thereafter. She has collaborated with the Opera de Montréal, Théâtre du Nouveau Monde, The National Theatre School, Le Cirque du Soleil, Les Sortilèges and artists in other domains. She occasionally serves on the jury of the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec and the Canada Council for the Arts as an expert in Spanish dance and flamenco.
• Paula Moreno: Toronto (1975–1982)
• Merche Esmeralda: Madrid, Spain (1981)
• El Ciro: Madrid, Spain (1981)
• Javier Cruz: Toronto (1999)
• Manuel Santiago Maya “Manolete” at Centro de Arte
Flamenco Amor de Dios: Madrid, Spain (1986); Festival de
Jerez, Teatro Villamarta Studios: Jerez, Spain (2000)
• Rafaela Carrasco: Montréal (2005)
Lina Moros in Manolete’s Le Cri / Photo by Hervé Leblay
This article was originally published in March 2009 and is reproduced with permission from The Dance Current.