Angela del Sol has been performing and teaching in the Toronto flamenco community for over ten years. A longstanding member of the Esmeralda Enrique Spanish Dance Company, del Sol also appears regularly in tablaos and independent dance/music projects throughout the Greater Toronto Area. Angela provides ongoing classes at the Academy of Spanish Dance, where her teaching focuses on the improvisational elements of flamenco.
• Esmeralda Enrique: Toronto (1994–present)
• Timo Lozano: Toronto (1999, 2004)
• Maria Magdalena: Madrid, Spain (1999)
• Carmen Cortes: Sanlucar de Barrameda, Spain (1999, 2005)
• Ana Maria Lopez: Jerez, Spain (2003)
This article was originally published in March 2009 and is reproduced with permission from The Dance Current.