a family portrait….
Nanako Aramaki was introduced to the art of flamencoin her teens. In 2006, Aramaki enrolled in a nine-month Advanced Dance Program at the Cristina Heeren Flamenco Foundation in Sevilla, Spain. She is an active dancer withFlamenco Rosario, teaches at Centro Flamenco and performs at various venues around Vancouver.
• Rosario Ancer: Vancouver (2000–present)
• Milagros Menjibar: Sevilla, Spain (2006–2007)
• Rafael Campallo: Sevilla, Spain (2006–2007)
• Ursula Lopez: Sevilla, Spain (2006–2007)
• Carmen Ledesma: Sevilla, Spain (2006–2007)
This article was originally published in March 2009 and is reproduced with permission from The Dance Current.